Vamos, vamos... Argentina~ vamos vamos, a ganar..!!!
Every four years, something beautiful happens, that is the World cup! I miss when the entire country stops for 90 minutes of pure passion. The world cup is not that big of a deal here in the US (at least compared to Argentina) but I found a good man who enjoys "soccer" as much as the biggest Argentine fan, and he lead me to meet a large group real fans, so last Saturday we hosted a party for the World cup; Argentina won, Korea won, and the US tied against England (which is kind of winning, really).
I made a Chocolate Raspberry Jello shot cake with an American Flag decoration.
I got this recipe from my friend Victoria from Sweetie Pies Brooklyn and it's so easy, and delicious.
- A chocolate cake (I have to admit, that I used the one out of the box...)
- 1/2 cup of any raspberry flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup of boiled water
- 1/2 cream of cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of chambord
- 1 package of raspberry flavored jelllo
- Bake the cake following the directions on the box, and let it cool ( i used a 13"X9" pan)
- Bring the water to a boil and dissolve the jello powder in it. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- While it's cooling, poke the cake with a fork (not all the way through)
- Add the vodka, cream of cocoa and chambord to the jello mixture
- Pour the jello mixture over the cake (make sure you've poked it enough so it can really absorb the jello mixture)
- Cool for 4 hours at least in the fridge for the jello to set
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 pint of raspberries
- 1/2 quart of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- Whip the cream using an electric mixer (or get a work out out of it by doing it by hand), adding the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread a thin layer of the whipped cream, and then... you know what to do, if you don't just look at the picture, is pretty self explanatory. Easy and delicious, and you won't be able to tell is from the box, because is all accessorized. :)
- Enjoy- and don't share it with kids.