Happy 2010!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season; I took a nice break from baking until early this week. This Saturday, it's the Wedding Crashers event. This is a wedding fair that promotes caterers, photographers, bands, DJ's, florists and everything you need for your wedding day, all based in NYC. This is a great way to promote small businesses (specially because I'm one of them!) and staying local. I was contacted by Brooklyn Based (the organizer of the event) to make cake pops as wedding favors. How awesome! I was originally thinking of making cupcake cake pops, but then thought, why not make a mini wedding cake pops? It goes better with the wedding theme... So i did.



These are Red Velvet covered in white chocolate.

------

I've been meaning to post some pictures I gathered during my visit to Boston during the holidays and also just by walking around in NYC. Boston was freezing cold but had a great time anyways; it was my first time there. Visited the Aquarium, got a craving for sushi, ate amazing seafood, went to the Quincy market, and saw the biggest macaroons ever...



The following cupcake pictures are from the Chelsea market. The excess of icing didn't really make me wanna eat them, but definitely admire them.



Sesame Street characters have a special place in my heart. I have never seen an episode of it, but instead I grew up learning English with them. I learned songs that were made up with kids songs melodies but the words were changed for educational purposes and I only came to realize that when I moved here and realized all the lyrics I knew were totally wrong, but awesome. 




♫ Sesame street is the place to be... they're lots of fun for you and me! ♫

2 comments:

Sophie Davis said...

Hi Fabiana! This is Sophie from FastTrac new Venture! How are you? I love this article, your macaroons look so good!
Listen, I have a blog too now. Check it out
www.utimes100.com
I have a section called Addicted to food and I would like to feature you. Maybe we can find a way to work with each other!

Unknown said...

i looooooooove the macaroons.. I miss myself eating them. lol

Post a Comment