Every time I walk by a "Nuts for Nuts" stand, the smell is so sweet and nutty that I have to remind myself that they usually smell better than their actual taste. So I decided to make it myself at home, and make my healthy snack a little less healthy and a lot more delicious.
- 1/2 pound of raw almonds
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1. Place the almonds on a non stick pan over a medium to low heat.
2. Turn the almonds around with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes until the almonds start browning and you can hear the skins of the almonds cracking.
3. In a little bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Move the almonds to the edge of the pan and place the brown sugar mixture in the middle of the pan.
5. The sugar will start melting fast; now start mixing the melting sugar with the almonds.
6. The almonds will turn shinny and sticky. Make sure all the almonds are coated with the sugar mixture.
7. Because of the sugar, the almonds will wanna stick to each other - try to separate them with a wooden spoon.
8. Remove the almonds and place them in a heatproof container. The almonds will stick to each other now so don't pack them in; once cooled, they will separate.
9. Enjoy alone or with yogurt!